Come and see us at ECTRIMS 2019!
Visit the European Charcot Foundation booth for information about our activities, the upcoming Annual Meeting or to suscribe for free to the MS Knowledge Hub, ECF's eLearning platform.
ECF initiatives at ECTRIMS in the spotlight:
ECF Satellite Symposium "Explaining the Environmental Impact in MS"
Wednesday 11 September 2019, 14:00 - 15:00, hall A
Chairs: prof Giancarlo Comi & prof Maria Pia Amato
- Lecture 1: New epidemiological evidence of the role of environment on MS risk and evolution
Prof Alberto Ascherio (Boston, USA)
- Lecture 2: Role of intestinal microbiome
Prof Gurumoorthy Krishnamoorthy (Martinsried, Germany)
- Lecture 3: Smoke and air pollution exposure: impact on MS
Prof Lars Alfredsson (Stockholm, Sweden)
Official launch of a new global initiative* to put the patient experience at the heart of research and healthcare for MS.
PROMS (Patient Reported Outcomes Initiative for MS) aims to bring together the global MS community, people with and affected by MS, healthcare workers and researchers, healthcare industry, ... to enable science with and of patients input in research, clinical trials of new therapies and the design of healthcare systems.
More detailed information: read the press release.
* An initiative of the European Charcot Foundation, together with the MS International Federation and Italian MS Society, acting as the lead agency for, and on behalf of the Global MSIF Movement.
MS Data Alliance
The Multiple Sclerosis Data Alliance (MSDA) is a multi-stakeholder collaboration working to accelerate research insights for innovative care and treatments for people with MS.
Learn more about the MS Data Alliance and how it will transform the care of people with MS during the informal info sessions on:
- Wednesday 11 September, 16:00 - 17:00, Room K24
- Thursday 12 September, 11:30 - 12:30, Room B9