Charcot Multiple Sclerosis Master (M.Sc.)
In cooperation with the Dresden International University.
New Charcot Multiple Sclerosis Master (M.Sc.) starts in November 2022!
In spring 2022, Prof. Dr. Giancarlo Comi, President of the European Charcot Foundation, the experienced neurologist and recognized multiple sclerosis expert Prof. Dr. med. Tjalf Ziemssen and Dresden International University have entered into close cooperation to jointly offer the first international part-time multiple sclerosis master programme. The master's degree programme is the only comprehensive and curricular continuing education programme in the world that allows professionals to specialize in multiple sclerosis management at the master's level.
Become a leading multiple sclerosis professional
- under the academic leadership of the European Charcot Foundation and recognized active European Charcot MS researchers
- for physicians with advanced training in neurology and other MS professionals with academic background
- Master of Science (M. Sc. with 60 ECTS points)
- the programme is fully accredited by the accreditation, certification and quality assurance institute ACQUIN
- based on the successfully established German master's programme
- the study programme reflects the concentrated expertise of the European Charcot Foundation Board, and thus with the highest-ranking MS researches in Europe, Asia and America
- in November 2022 the first international English language programme starts
Aims of the master's programme
- to treat patients with chronic inflammatory neurological diseases comprehensively in their individual disease patterns according to current scientific knowledge and thus improve patient’s quality of life
- specialization in multiple sclerosis management at a master's level
- prepares the MS researchers for the future
- maximum 30 international students
- a cloud-based digital hub mainly virtually in the form of lectures, expert discussions, events, tutorials, case conferences and journal clubs
- on-site meetings/sessions in selected clinics, MS centers and specialist congresses
The feedback from the participants and lecturers of the first German-speaking matriculation course is very positive and shows that the course concept is working well and that the course objectives are being met. The first pioneer study programme was presented in the Brain Science Paper of 2021: "Innovation in Digital Education: Lessons Learned from the Multiple Sclerosis Management Master´s Program".
The first study intake starts in November 2022! The course will be inaugurated and hosted at the "30th Annual Meeting of the European Charcot Foundation", 17 - 19 November 2022, in Baveno, Italy. The thematic of the ECF's 30th Annual Meeting is "Progressive MS from pathology to treatment".
Discover more about the Charcot Multiple Sclerosis Master (M.Sc.) on the flyer and consult the Programme HERE.
The tuition fee is 20.000 EUR. You can apply for the first international intake as well as for the scholarship programme.
If you would like to apply for the programme, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org:
- your curriculum vitae
- Your letter of motivation
- Your school and university transcripts.
Download below the scholarship application form and the flyer for more information:
MS Master (M.Sc.)
- Degree: Master of Science (M.Sc.)
- Place of study: Primarily virtual & Field trips in MS Centres with hands-on units, shadowing, and practical workshops in combination with congresses visits
- Programme start: November 2022
- Duration: 4 semesters
- ECTS (European Credit Transfer System): 60 ECTS
- Mode of study: part-time
- Course language: English
- Module 1: Theoretical Principles
- Module 2: Clinical & Diagnostic Aspects
- Module 3: Studies & Statistics
- Module 4: Therapy I
- Module 5: Therapy II
- Module 6: Monitoring & Documentation
- Master's thesis: Master's Thesis
Consult the detailed study contents of each module on the webpage https://www.di-uni.de/charcot-msm (accordion Module Overview menu).
Timetable for modules in MSM master's programme with indication of ECTS credits
- Prof. Dr. med. Giancarlo Comi
- Prof. Dr. med. Tjalf Ziemssen
- Prof. Dr. Gilles Edan
- Prof. Dr. Kazuo Fujihara
- Prof. em. Dr. Hans-Peter Hartung
- Prof. Dr. med. Dr. h. c. Hans Lassmann
- Prof. Dr. Letizia Leocani
- Prof. Dr. med. Xavier Montalban
- Prof. Dr. Jacqueline Palace
- Prof. Dr. Per Soelberg Sørensen
- Prof. Dr. Maria Trojano