The European Charcot Foundation
The European Charcot Foundation is a non-profit independent organization to advance Multiple Sclerosis research in Europe, sponsored by private organizations, Multiple Sclerosis Societies and the Industry.
The European Charcot Foundation is a ‘learned society’. The Board of the Foundation is composed of high ranking MS researchers in Europe and one U.S.A. member. At its Annual Meetings, the Foundation is directive in indicating new lines in MS research. Having identified these lines, the Foundation is active in finding funds to realize them.
The European Charcot Foundation establishes an interface between the Pharmaceutical Industries and the Clinical World. Its collaborative base consists of 500 MS research institutes and 1500 MS investigators. The European Charcot Foundation is registered at the Chamber of Commerce in Leuven, Belgium. It is governed by a co-opted Board of recognized active MS researchers.
The main activities of the European Charcot Foundation are:
- the execution of clinical trials
- the organization of Symposia and Teaching Courses
The European Charcot Foundation is also active in:
- the exchange of MS researchers between various groups
- the provision of information and the presentation of publications
- the recruitment of young researchers
- the coordination of European MS research projects
- the organization of University Classes